Thursday, June 21, 2012

It all started with a proposal...

It all started with a proposal....


Reconnecting with my childhood crush after all these years and after both of us had gone through difficult divorces was a dream come true.. A dream I really never thought would happen and still can't believe at times. 


You see Ping (as I call him) was my brother's best friend growing up and I was the younger, annoying sister that would bug him every time he came over to the house. I would poke him and put my hand print in his awesome hightop fade.. ;) I thought he was so cute and even had a picture of him hidden in my drawer. (crazy pre-teen) lol.. Well life happened and we both went our separate ways.. I had all forgotten about him until my brother's wedding.. It was right after my divorce, like I almost didn't go cause it was so recent and I was distraught and trying to take care of two babies by myself but I decieded to go. It was in Miami and so being away was nice, warm weather and family and guess who else was there.....??


That's right.. Jason was there and he looked as handsome as ever. I remember thinking when I saw him. "Why can't I find someone just like him" "He is my ideal man" Tall, dark and handsome! ;) Him and my brothers gave me some great advice that night about moving on and that I would be okay and that was that. I flew home to my reality. Well years later I got a email from who else Jason and we connected instantly. We have so much in common and our relationship just sort of fell into place. I don't think either of us expected it. It just was. We leaned on each other for support and were there for each other, even though we were miles apart. I was living in Utah and he was in Georgia. We did the back and forth thing for years and racked up many sky miles. It was such a fun and exciting time. We had so many fun adventures, we traveled and got to know each other really well and on September 4, 2011, he drove me to my childhood home (the home where the crush began all those years ago) that was now torn down but the old trees still remain and got on bended knee and asked me to marry him. I was so surprised, excited and HAPPY. After years of being depressed, sad, down on myself and wondering if something like this was in the cards for me... It was happening to ME!!  My very own happily ever after...

No comments:

Post a Comment