Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New school and family life..

 You should see the looks we get when we go out... and there is always someone brave enough to ask if they are all our children.. I still can't believe we are a party of 8 now! Here we are at the kids favorite pizza joint.. The Mellow Mushroom.
 One of the first things I did upon arriving in Georgia was get the kids registered in their new school. I think I was more nervous then them. It was a BIG change. They went from a small neighborhood, year-round school in Utah where they walked to and from school each day, to a HUGE traditional  school, a bit away from home and would now be bus riders. (being the paranoid mom I am, I had to take and pick them up for the first 2 weeks) We went and toured the school and got to meet the teachers before they started and what nice teachers they both had. I was relieved! The boys LOVED school! They came out just raving about their new teachers, classes and friends! It was a huge weight off my shoulders to have them be so happy and have such a smooth transition. There was only a month left of school when we got here, so the kids were kind of bummed when school ended.
 Here they are on their first day at their new school..
 We were settling into our new life pretty good... Can I tell you handy it is to have a husband/father around.. They do everything these days! Fix scooters, play/rough house, cook..

 We got to know our area pretty well.. and found this great park right around the way from us.. It is beautiful and we sometimes eat dinner there and let the kids get real worn out and play..
 Early morning school days.. The kids started at 7:40am it was quite the change from our 8:25am back home.. Most mornings it was so foggy.. this pic is from the field by our house on the way to the school...

This picture makes my heart melt every time I see it. THIS makes all stress and sadness of my big move and the hard times worth it. My boys finally have a daddy! Someone who is here day in and day out, someone who plays with them, teases them, takes them places, helps them their bikes, feeds them, clothes them, swims with them, snuggles them, hugs and kisses them and goes in a tortures them while they sleep. (its how he shows his love) :) I have waited, hoped and prayed the day would come when I could give my boys the loving family unit they both so badly craved and deserved and I have done just that. I feel truly blessed. I have a family and my boys are healthy and happy! We have come so far.. and I'm so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment