Monday, June 25, 2012

Packing, Moving and Emotions...

 By mid March.. I was still living in Utah and Jason was in Georgia.. We were now married and still living apart. I was having a terrible time committing on a final move date. Yes, I wanted to be with my husband.. but I was saying goodbye to everything I knew and loved my whole life. It was hitting me all at once. I was an emotional wreck!! I knew I was packing up my house but it still didn't feel real because I didn't have  date. I was now driving around and really seeing Utah for the first time.. The mountains were gorgeous, My neighborhood I loved. My kids walked to and from school everyday.. Would we be okay? I had many sleepless nights and cried alone in my closet most everynight. I had never left "home" before. I would miss my family so much! Cokes with my sister and driving around the corner to her house. Would my nephew forget us? It was all too much to bear..

 We decided finally after many meltdowns.. that March 28, 2012 would be the day we leave Utah behind and fly to our new life and home in Georgia.. Moving day was the LONGEST and HARDEST day ever. Watching as all my possesions were packed away in a truck felt so weird. I had so much support from family, neighbors and friends.. They were my saving grace! :) Words can't express how grateful I am to those of you that helped get through that time! (you know who you are)
 I loved the home I made with my two boys on Oakmond Road.. We had many memories there and we learned and grew so much! I was So sad to leave but I knew I was going to be able to give my boys something even better in Georgia... A happy home with 2 loving parents and the stability that brings.. Something I had been praying, hoping and wishing for so many lonely nights...

No comments:

Post a Comment